While searching through their Handcrafted Childhood Educational and Development Wooden Toys collection I saw some REALLY cute toys, I would LOVE to have my hands on! How about this owl? MAN OH MAN...I wish we had this!
Not looking for toys but an amazing piece of heirloom clothing? You've got to check out this site! These items are MADE TO ORDER! 100% linen and 100% impeccable. Even this hat is hand made! Unbelievable. This looks like the true meaning of quality.
And I can totally picture Kingsley in this hat 5 years down the road. Who couldn't be happy in this hat?!
Here is some literature taken from their site:
Why linen is the ideal natural fabric for your child
- Linen fabric breathes, much like human skin. In hot weather, linen texture keeps kids cool by absorbing moisture and deflecting heat, while in cool weather it retains body heat. Because it is absorbent and a good conductor of heat, linen fabric feels cool to the touch.
- Linen is non-allergic. This makes it an ideal fabric for children's sensitive skin, and is especially good for those with skin conditions such as allergies and eczema because it is non-allergic and has a natural pH balance. It creates a great microclimate for skin.
- Linen is antistatic. It is especially recommended for children who are sensitive to those scary static shocks.
- Linen absorbs moisture well. It can absorb up to 20% or more of its own weight in moisture, while still feeling dry to the touch. Linen also absorbs the moisture rapidly, which makes it wonderful for bath-time.
- Over time, linen becomes softer and even more comfortable. Linen resists wear and tear much better than other fibers, so it will last longer than garments accessories made from cotton or artificial fabrics.
- Linen resists stains like no other fabric and is completely washable at both high and low temperatures, without losing any of its excellent properties, texture or shape.
- Best of all, linen is eco-friendly!. It comes from flax and every part of the plant is used. The linen production process is sustainable and does not cause any harm to nature.
Here is some information about health side benefits of linen:
Linen is exclusively used in operating rooms. Linen is the only natural material utilized for internal sutures in a surgical setting. Flax cell is highly compatible with the human cell thereby producing a benevolent effect on the human organism. The human cell is capable to completely dissolve the flax cell. This is why linen fabric is used in surgery for internal sutures.
One more thing about healthy linen - many individuals have testified that their healing was rapid when wearing linen. Post injury or surgical pain was substantially reduced (without the use of prescription or over the counter drugs) when using linen bandages and wearing linen clothing. It is also said by cancer patients being wrapped in linen as a treatment therapy. Since linen has the highest energy vibration of any natural fabric, this makes perfect sense. When the body is surrounded by linen fabric, the uplifting effect is noticed.
Another thing about linen fiber, it reduces solar gamma radiation nearly by half and protects the human organism against solar radiation. Flax fiber from contaminated soils appears not to exhibit even traces of radiation.
Moreover, linen has massaging properties owing to the microscopic breaks which the fabric possesses. Wearing linen light massaging effect, favorably stimulating blood-flow and promoting relaxation can be felt. This is how linen favorably influences cardio-vascular, nervous and muscular systems.
Many fabrics are not breathable, but linen possesses high air permeability and heat. The heat conductivity of linen is 5 times higher than wool and 19 times than silk. This means in hot weather, people dressed in linen clothing are found to have a lower skin temperature than others wearing silk or cotton garments. One more thing, interesting about linen - according to some studies, a person wearing linen clothes perspires 1.5 times less than when dressed in cotton clothes, and twice less than when dressed in viscose clothes. Meanwhile, in cold weather, linen works in reverse, proving ideal for retaining warmth.
Taking into consideration all these health side benefits of linen and anti bacterial Linen properties, for any individual desiring to regain and maintain health, the best recommendation - dating all the way back to The Bible itself - is to wear linen.
See something you like?
Linen Kids wants to offer you a $2o GC to use on their site!
Mandatory Entry:Linen Kids on twitter
What item on their site do you LOVE?
Subscribe to the Linen Kids blog
Subscribe to my blog via email
Grab my button
Tweet once a day
OPEN WORLD WIDE...so tell your friends!
Giveaway ends January 21st.